Chairman of the Board – Empire Industries Ltd.
Chairman – Empire Audit Committee
Managing Director – Tricapital Management Ltd. (Toronto, ON)
BComm, Carleton University (1973); MBA, Queen’s University (1974), Chartered Accountant
- As a founding partner (1986) of Tricapital, Ian has been involved in a significant number of restructurings, financings, management buyouts and leveraged acquisitions across a broad range of wholesale and retail industries including: food; communications; consumer packaged goods; automotive parts; plastic packaging; cosmetics; fast food; and lighting.
- Prior to joining Tricapital, Ian worked in an executive capacity with Currie Coopers & Lybrand and Bacardi Rum corporate organizations, where he was involved in strategic planning, financing and corporate development initiatives.
- Ian is also currently the Chairman and 50% owner of Quadrant Cosmetics Corporation an entrepreneurially driven national distributor of prestige fragrances, cosmetics and skin-care to the department, drug and specialty retail channels.
Independent Director – Empire Industries Ltd. (Etobicoke, ON)
BASc. Civil Engineering, University of Toronto (1960); MBA, McMaster University (1972)
- Bruce brings to the Empire board a wealth of CEO, senior executive, and Board experience. His extensive skills include a clear vision for strategic market growth, the ability to identify and contain risk, effective negotiation and an expertise for teambuilding between employees, clients, suppliers, unions, shareholders and financial institutions.
- With over 50 years of industry experience, Bruce is intimately schooled in all facets of engineering, fabrication and construction of complex steel projects. He served as the CEO of Dynamic Structures Inc. (an Empire subsidiary) from 1996 to 2004. Prior to that Bruce served in senior positions across a long and distinguished career with other steel companies such as Canron Inc., Canron Western Bride, Niagra Structural Steel, and Dominion Bridge Company.
- Bruce has sat on more than a dozen Boards of Companies, Institutes and Associations over the last 35 years.
Principal – Quinn Consulting (Oakville, ON)
- For the last 15 years as a consultant Terry has: started and operated a new Canadian refinery maintenance company; reorganized a major industrial services and construction company with revenues of $2 billion; and offered M&A consulting focused on industrial service and construction in the Western Canada oil and gas industry.
- Terry’s previous career experience includes: GM of Delta Catalytic Corp. (Calgary, AB); President & GM of Tru-Way Group (St. Hubert, PQ); GM & Partner of National Construction Corporation (Longueil, PQ); Resident Construction Manager, Lurgi Corp (River Edge, NJ) for the construction of an oil shale project in California; and Senior Resident Engineer, Parsons Corporation (Pasadena, CA) for construction of a major sulphur recovery plant in the Middle East.
- Terry’s record of achievement in all aspects of general management, marketing, skillful negotiation and consulting in industrial engineering, construction, and manufacturing is a tremendous addition to Empire’s board.
- Terry sits on the board of directors for three other private industrial companies: Dynamic Water Gate Control Valves Inc., Scancode Ltd., and Browns Concrete Group of Companies.